Emoyeni Covid -19 Protocols 2022
Come and visit, we put your safety first even after all this time.
After every thing we have all been through in the last two years, Emoyeni Retreat Centre offers a peaceful and relaxing space with clean air and water in the beautiful Magaliesberg and a culture of mindfulness – something we all need in at times like these.
We want to assure you all that we take your, and the health of our entire community, very seriously. For this reason we would like to share with you the new Emoyeni protocols so that you can feel at ease about your decision to visit us and, from our side, to ensure that you comply to these during your visit.
NB: Emoyeni residents and staff are screened daily for Covid-Symptoms and we adhere to the industry guidelines on hygiene and sanitation for your safety.
We are limiting attendance to 13 guest; this means that all guests (except couples or those wishing to share a room) will be allocated to a single room.
This can expect when you visit Emoyeni:
- Please register at reception (i.e. the main house) on arrival so we can screen and record your temperature.
- Fill in arrival form and read the guest rules for Covid-19 safety (you will also find a copy in your room)
- Once here please don’t leave the premises until the end of the retreat (unless you are leaving to go home). If you need something from the shops, ask one of the residents to get it for you on the next shopping trip
- Masks are worn indoors.
Rooms and bathrooms:
- We are limiting attendance to 13 guests, this means that all guests (except couples or those wishing to share a room) will be allocated to a single room.
- Sanitize hands every time you go into a bathroom or toilet
- We provide cleaning sprays to use on surfaces before using showers or toilet facilities during the retreats – simply spray down the area you are about to use or touch.
- Use your own towels (bath and hand towels are provided) and take them back to your room to dry after your shower/bath
- Sanitize hands before and after using toilets
- Each retreatant will receive a dedicated plastic box with their own set of crockery and cutlery – as well as a dishtowel – for the duration of the retreat. After using your plates and utensils at each meal, please wash and dry your dishes (with your dish towel from your plastic box) and put these back into your plastic box for use at the next meal
- Please maintain safe distance when queuing for meals (1 meter)
- Keep doors and windows open
- No more than 4 people at a time in the kitchen
- Sanitize hands every time you come into the kitchen
- Sanitize hands before and after the work period
- Garden work: Please keep your work clothes and tools in your room for the whole retreat
- Kitchen work:
- Please wear protective aprons and masks
- Maintain safe distance
- No loud talking or laughing and please go outside to sneeze or cough
- Sanitize hands every time you come into the activity room
- Please maintain safe distance
- Keep windows and doors open
- Tea time: please take whatever you touch
- Wash cup and plate in hot soapy water and leave on rack to dry (again, you will have your on dedicated cup/mug for your use only)
Meditation Room and Lounge Area in Main House
- Please maintain safe distance at all times
- Keep windows and doors open at all times
- Please put your laundry in the laundry
- Put garden tools in plastic basin outside tool shed
- Leave your key in your door
NB: High Risk persons and medical conditions
Please be aware that anyone over the age of 60 and/ or people who are diabetic, have kidney, cardio vascular or immune system issues or any other high risk medical conditions as listed on the Centre for Disease control and Prevention website www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov have a higher risk of infection. Of course you are still welcome, but we do want you to take note of this and take extra special precautions when visiting Emoyeni.
Let’s all take responsibility and act together to ensure our and the safety of those around us.